Our delivery services
Details on delivery services
When making your connection request, and throughout the lifespan of your facilities, you send GRTgaz your minimum pressure requirement and GRTgaz determines the maximum pressure value that it can guarantee.
*Minimal delivery pressure = Standard available pressure – Pressure drops
If you require a pressure lower than the maximum value that GRTgaz can guarantee, the initial pressure guarantee service enables you to receive the pressure you need to operate your process, free of charge.
If you require a pressure higher than the maximum value that GRTgaz can guarantee, the higher pressure guarantee service enables you to receive the pressure needed to operate your process, provided this is technically feasible.
In all cases, the maximum pressure that GRTgaz can guarantee at the beginning of your branch connection is 42 bar relative.
Pressure availability study
If you require a pressure higher than GRTgaz can guarantee, we suggest that you carry out a study to assess the risks of non-availability of the delivery pressure, the consequences of this non-availability, and to protect yourself against it if necessary.
To this end, GRTgaz determines a likely number of hours when the pressure you require will be unavailable. This is a rough estimate of the number of hours during which you will not receive the minimum requested pressure. It may or may not be cumulative.
The study is carried out for a three-year period. It can be updated every year, on request.
Fixed pricing applies, which is issued in a quotation prior to the study being carried out.
Low pressure alert
If the pressure availability study concludes that the pressure required will be unavailable for less than 600 hours/year, GRTgaz offers to set up an alert system to warn you when the pressure falls below a pre-determined threshold.
If you would like to know more about the main components of the natural gas and the energy consumed by your site, GRTgaz offers to install equipment enabling you to obtain real-time information about the quality of the gas reaching your industrial process.
GRTgaz provides the following as part of this service:
- corrected metering data (corrected volumes index, corrected volume flow rate) from the delivery point,
- gas quality data (PCS, Wobbe index*, major constituents of natural gas).
*Wobbe index: calorific power indicator for a gas
In addition to the meter and the volume conversion device that are routinely installed, GRTgaz also provides a gas chromatograph, a data analysis laboratory and remote transmission equipment.
To find out more, see Features and services of the GRTgaz metering chain.
You have signed a connection contract. GRTgaz makes the following available on the customer portal, free of charge TRANS@ctions :
- Hourly and daily logs related to metering (corrected volumes and delivered energy)
- consumption data history,
- daily data relating to the main characteristics of the gas (PCS, content of CH4, CO2, etc.),
- any events where you exceeded your hourly or daily capacity using a configurable alert service,
- an estimate of your CO2 emissions.
Receiving measurements in real time
If your industrial process is sensitive to variations in one or more natural gas parameters (PCS, Wobbe index, etc.) and you want to anticipate these variations to optimise your settings and production, QUALiPgaz allows you to receive measurements from the chromatograph located closest to your site, free of charge and in real time, subject to technical eligibility.
For specific needs (invoiced services)
- If you want to know your corrected metering data and receive safety alerts for your delivery point in real time, you can register for the Information Service via the delivery point.
- If you want to be warned about a variation in PCS or any other component of the natural gas, you can register for the Information Service regarding the characteristics of the gas provided by the GRTgaz Regional Surveillance Centre (CSR).
- If you want to be warned about a pressure variation, you can register for the Information Service relating to the availability of the delivery pressure provided by the GRTgaz Regional Surveillance Centre.
Continuity of supply
If you need to know that your supply will not be disrupted during scheduled maintenance work on the GRTgaz network or on the connection facilities, GRTgaz has a range of different solutions to ensure the continuity of supply to your site:
- Piped gas 50 bar
- Piped gas 200 bar
- Reduced storage capacities
- Piped LNG
You can access this service upon signature of a connection contract.
The price is set by quotation, depending on the length of the operation and the flow rate required.
GRTgaz provides a statistical evaluation of the risks of the natural gas delivery to your connected site being interrupted.
The reliability study contains the following elements:
- Events that could affect the continuity of supply, whether these are linked to the upstream network or the delivery points of the site in question, to weather conditions or to maintenance works.
- Resources implemented by GRTgaz to monitor its network.
The study can be carried out within six weeks. It reflects data that is a state of ongoing change and is not binding upon GRTgaz.
Intraday flexibility service
GRTgaz offers an intraday flexibility service in cases where your natural gas consumption is significant and experiences substantial variations over the course of the day.
To find out if you are eligible, you can us our site eligibility simulator
Intraday flexibility service: operational procedures
>> Download the operational procedures diagram
The operational procedures for the intraday flexibility service have been approved by the French Energy Regulation Commission (CRE) in its Decision of 24 mars 2011. These are detailed in the Collaborative Working Groups with the stakeholders concerned.
This service is free of charge (CRE Decision of 29 January 2014). The flexibility indicators providing information about applicable notice periods are available on SmartGRTgaz.