Franck Wintenberger appointed Deputy CEO in charge of Financing, Purchasing and Logistics
GRTgaz, the leading gas distributor in France, has posted revenue of nearly 2.2 billion euros. The company operates a 32,500-km gas pipeline network and owns Elengy, the France’s largest LNG terminal operator. GRTgaz is reinforcing its Executive Committee with the arrival of Franck Wintenberger who joins as Director of Finance, Purchasing and Logistics and Deputy to CEO Thierry Trouvé.
This appointment comes at a time when the company, in line with its CAP24 strategic project and its mission statement – “Together, enable a secure, affordable energy future that is climate-neutral” – is ramping up its technological and industrial transformation as it shifts towards a carbon-neutral gas mix by 2050. GRTgaz is getting ready for the energy transition by preparing a dual transmission network. This means that all gas transported will be of renewable or low-carbon origin, and a portion of the current pipelines will have been converted specifically for hydrogen.
Franck Wintenberger was previously Director of Ile-de-France Networks at GRDF.
Franck Wintenberger started his career at EDF (1996 to 2011).
- From 1996 to 2004, he had numerous responsibilities working in EDF’s finance division, handling consolidation, and management control for EDF and then international entities.
- In 2004, his international career began when he was appointed General Secretary for EDF in Egypt.
- In 2006, Franck Wintenberger was transferred to Poland where he held the post of President of the Surveillance Council for thermal power plant run by Tarnobrzeg (EDF’s Polish subsidiary) and Co-director of the cogeneration plant in Kraków.
He then joined the gas industry in 2011 where he has remained to this day.
- In 2011, Franck Wintenberger became Director of Customers and Suppliers for East Ile-de-France at GRDF.
- From 2013 to 2015, he held the post of Director of Customers and Territories for the East region at GRDF.
- In 2016, he was appointed Director of Regions & Future Projects and member of GRDF’s Executive Committee.
- In 2018, Franck Wintenberger was appointed Director of Ile-de-France Networks at GRDF.
- Since 2014, Franck Wintenberger has also held the position of President of the Board for Romanian gas distributor Distrigas Sud Retele.
Franck Wintenberger, aged 50, holds an Executive MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and graduated from ESCEM School of Business and Management in Tours and Poitiers.